Obama Administration Proposes New Rules to Modernize Nursing Home Care
October 19th, 2015 by beasleyferber
The Obama administration recently proposed new rules regarding nursing home care. The proposed regulations deal with the following topics, among others:
1. Electronic health records
2. Measures to better ensure that family members are more involved in care planning and discharge planning.
3. Minimizing the use of antibiotics and anti-psychotic drugs
4. Promoting more individualized care
5. Giving residents more involvement in choosing their roommates
These provisions, among others, are the first attempt at modernizing the rules in 30 years. For more information, visit www.whitehouseconferenceon aging.gov.